So I’m back from Marfa and here’s my round up
• Super long flight but was upgraded to swanky pants class :) Watched Frank and Beyond the Edge
• Austin Texas is very hot, not the place for skinny black jeans!
• Road trip across West Texas Desert = 7 hours
• Pulled over by State Trooper Patterson and yes he was wearing mirrored shades.
• Marfa! stayed here
• Drink of the trip Lone Star Beer, food = nachos (with jalapenos). On the way back from Marfa we visited the Salt Lick BBQ (the UK have no idea how to do a BBQ)
• Best bars were Padres and Planet Marfa
• Live music included Desert Doom Metal, very heavy but incredibly slow. Amazing Mambo from Sergio Mendoza and I played drums with a Mexican covers band. Also met Camille Benett from the band Throwing Up. Alex my travelling partner introduced me to the ‘joys’ of stadium C&W
• Some films I saw and liked were:
The Last 40 Miles, Chocolate Heart, Kangaroo Court, Dalai Lama, (staring the fantastic Stephanie Hunt - she also plays ukelele) La Gallina, La Divanee, Into the Silent Sea and Le Mystere
I hated and walked out of one feature which shall remain nameless to protect the filmmakers blushes, but it was terrible
I loved the t-shirts being sold by Juliana Sorelli
The good news is our Kickstart campaign was a success and we are making the film. Watch this space :)